November 25, 2014

Cabinet Report

(Calif.) For more than two years, a state commission has struggled to find valid and reliable student performance indicators that could reduce the influence of the almighty test score.

Meanwhile, a group of bellwether districts operating independently under a federal waiver are less than a year away from being formally judged under just that sort of system.

Members of the California Office to Reform Education – CORE – have defined and are in the process of implementing an accountability program where test scores and student academic measures account for 60 percent of the evaluation and other factors such as a school’s culture, climate and social settings account for the other 40 percent.

Click to read more.